By now, you should have visited ManageBac to learn about the “#healthyliving” task. You should also have chosen a post (video, article, etc.) and read or viewed it SEVERAL TIMES. Next:
- Make some kind of comparison chart (like the one pictured below– but NEATER. You are comparing the post you chose to The Omnivore’s Dilemma. (Save this paper or digital chart, as YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW PROOF LATER.)
- Find similar ideas that both pieces share. Be specific and don’t say, “They both talk about healthy living!” What specific ideas do they both tackle? Then, CHOOSE ONE IDEA to focus your response on.
- Do YOU have an opinion about this ONE IDEA as well? (Keep those opinions stored somewhere so that you can refer to it later.)
- Then, find specific examples or quotes from The Omnivore’s Dilemma and from the post that talk about that ONE IDEA.
- Now, you are ready to draft your response.
- Remember, each paragraph should have a different idea.
- ALSO REMEMBER: demonstrate your learning by your word choice. Use contextual vocabulary (words that relate to the topic) to deliver your message.
TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR PARAGRAPHING: